Friday 8 June 2007

G8 Summit 2007



Reports on the G8 summit in the oldest seaside resort of Germany,
Heiligendamm say that a breakthrough has been reached on climate
protection.
Heads of State and Government of the leading industrialized
nations (G8) aim to at least have global CO2 emission by
2050. They agreed to reach this goal as part of a U.N.
process with big emerging economies to be incorporated
in the process.
For complete story, please see www.g-8.de

I am saving this page exclusively for posterity. 2050!
Where will my blogs be decades from now?
But I am affirming my stand, I am against such expensive
gatherings where huge amount of money is used for the
protection of these few elites and shows of concern.
Why all the bother when all decisions are made before conferences?
They might as well stay in their home offices and country and do
video conferences.
I can imagine the participants of the Summit in Heiligendamm
saying...

Ah, my Beloved, fill the Cup that clears
TO-DAY of past Regrets and future Fears -
To-morrow? - Why, To-morrow I may be
Myself with Yesterday's Sev'n Thousand Years.

(from The Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam of Naishapur,
Edward Fitzgerald)

...my thoughts, my small voice I am giving for the hope
of stopping poverty.
Herbert Gronemeyer...'pengeng Pera!!!!!

Pinay von Alemania

Note: Photo is taken from www.g-8.de

No comments: